Welcome to our very first installment of Website Wednesday! Every Wednesday we will bring you a website we have recently learned about that we think you will find interesting, educational or just plain fun!
We will launch with http://www.brainpop.com, which we learned about from Association member Mary Hauff.
BrainPOP is great for visual learners. All the lessons on BrainPOP are fun, teacher guided, animated videos. Resources include: BrainPOP Jr (K-3), BrainPOP (4+), BrainPOP Español and BrainPOP ESL.
We will let BrainPOP toot their own horn:
Founded in 1999, BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement. Our award-winning online educational resources include BrainPOP Jr. (K-3), BrainPOP, BrainPOP Español, and BrainPOP ESL. In June 2011, we launched GameUp™, a collection of top free online game titles that tie right in to curriculum. Our Featured Movie apps for iOS and Chromebooks have been downloaded more than 1 million times and lauded in numerous reviews. All of our resources are supported by BrainPOP Educators, our teacher community now more than 175,000 members strong and featuring free lesson plans, video tutorials, professional development tools, graphic organizers, best practices, groups and forums, and much more.
BrainPOP is a subscription service, but you can try it out at no cost with a free trial! There are lots of free goodies to check out as well.
- Topics include: Science, social studies, English, math, engineering and tech, health and art & music.
- Always free: games and big word wall
- Topics include: Science, health, reading & writing, social studies, math and arts & technology.
- Topics include: Ciencia, ciencias sociales, matemáticas, salud, tecnología, arte y música y Inglés y Español.
- Game topics include: Science, math, social studies and health.
Go check it out! We think that you will have fun!